It turned out that after few months of using my OpenWrt properly, I have completelly lost my root password and couldn’t connect to my router’s OpenWrt LuCi.
Fortuantelly, OpenWrt has a failsafe mode, where you can set things back up.
How to get to OpenWrt Failsafe mode:
- Reset the router
- Wait for the DMZ light (Second left light started blinking)
- Hold Router reset button for 2 seconds
- Connect your’r PC‘s Ethernet Cable to Router’s WAN port (You cannot access Failsafe when connected to any of LAN ports
- Set your PC IP Address to 192.168.1.2, NetMask to 255.255.255.0, GW to 192.168.1.1
- Open Telnet connection to 192.168.1.1
- Type mount_root to mount your Router’s FS to Read/Write mode
- Type passwd to change root password
- Swich your LAN Ethernet cable from WAN port on Router back to some LAN one
- Restart the router