There is not much hw virtualization platforms where you can do this. I know two
– VMWare Workstation (commercial)
– VirtualBox (free version also)
When you would like to start 64bits system in VmWare normally, you will get an
What do I need to run 64bit system i
– Check whether your processor supports 64bit systems. You can use tools like Processor Check for 64-Bit Compatibility or Intel® Processor Identification Utility.
– Enabled Intel VT VMM (or AMD similar) technology in BIOS.
– When you enable Virtualization in BIOS you need to do “cold” restart (Shut down computer ant turn it on again), not only reset it.
While I was able to install Windows 2008 64bit into VmWare, VirtualBox was still falling and I had no success with that.
This is all,it should be working allright now.