- Spindle Speed 7,200 rpm
- Average latency 4.17 msec
- Random read seek time 11.0 msec
- Random write seek time 13.0 msec
- Backup all the drivers (especially for NIC, WLAN, ..) and personal data
- Create Vista installation Flash Disk Drive
- Take out the drive from Notebook
- Bring a new drive on place
- Install Windows Vista and all the settings for a comfortable manner.
More detailed description of steps up:
1. For the first time, I have forget to backup bluetooth device driver (Dell bluetooth 360) and therefore I cannot access Internet for download them. I had to change drives back and backup drives from installation before (I have used Driver Genius for that) and go to the new installation with new drivers.
2. I have found that installation of Vista OS is not possible from old Windows PE (1.0), and it is only possible from Windows PE 2.0 (Windows 2003 and Vista created Preinstallation Environment). While I had no energy to create new Win PE environment, I have luckily found an easy guide how to install Windows Vista from Flash which is for example here.
More details are shown on these pictures: